Kitchen Remodel Brooklyn
How long does a kitchen remodeling project typically take?
As much as we want to give you a definite answer, the most realistic answer will always be “it depends” on the scope of the kitchen remodeling. For instance, if you are removing a wall or two to open up the kitchen which is becoming an increasing trend, the actual construction will obviously take a little bit longer. But, it is important to remember that removing or adding walls will generally require building department permits, which will also add to the project time. Here’s a sample timeline of a typical kitchen remodeling project:
- Meet with a remodeling consultant for a Free Design Consultation and get a proposal – 1 week.
- Meet at our showroom, finalize the scope of the project and the terms of a Remodeling Agreement – 2 to 3 weeks.
- Select all the materials for the project – 1 to 4 weeks.
- Materials are ordered and delivered – 4 to 8 weeks.
- Demolition and removal of old materials and appliances – 1 week.
- Installation of new materials and appliances, flooring, plumbing and electrical work, painting – 3 to 4 weeks.
- Finishing touches and cleaning up – 1 to 2 weeks.
What are the most common kitchen styles?
There are five fundamental layouts for most kitchens – the G, L, U, single, and galley. While certain floor plans create a more spacious, efficient kitchen, each kitchen layout can be enhanced with the right cabinetry and decorative accents.
- THE L-SHAPED KITCHEN:
- THE U-SHAPED KITCHEN:
- THE G-SHAPED KITCHEN:
- SINGLE-WALL KITCHEN
- THE GALLEY KITCHEN
What should be considered as a well-designed kitchen?
One of the things that is considered as a well-designed kitchen is when it maximizes movement, minimizes the need to stoop and reach and improves your ability to use the kitchen as a multifunctional space.